Family Orchards (aka the Nut Farm) is our home on a 15 acre pecan orchard near Pensacola that we are blessed to enjoy with 100+ friendly farm animals and 10 beautiful horses.
We are on a mission to help people restore emotional and physical wellbeing through experiences in natural countryside surroundings.
We are beginning to offer farm experiences for individuals, families, friend groups, schools and retirement homes (following all CDC guidelines for social distancing). All staff and volunteers wear face masks and sanitize all surfaces prior to events. Attendees must maintain 6 feet distance between each group and wear provided face masks during any official Family Orchards guided activity.
Family Orchards (aka the Nut Farm) is our home — and also home to 100+ friendly animals that we are blessed to enjoy and take care of each day and night.
OUR SUMMER 2020 NUT FARM DATES:
- Saturday, May 16
- Saturday, May 30 (Adults ticket-holders only)
- Saturday, June 13
- Saturday, June 27
- Saturday, July 11 (Adult ticket-holders only)
- Saturday, July 25
Private VIP tours and small group events can be requested for other dates (includes catered hors devours, wine and beer) for a donation of $500 or more. Invite a special needs family or a front-line worker who needs to be refreshed! Contact us for details
NUT FARM FIELD DAY GROUP PASS DETAILS:
- Admission is from 9am to sunset only on public Nut Farm Field Days (above).
- Each $50 day pass donation includes wrist bands for up to 6 people
- Parking included
- A professional photography session is provided of your group on our social media
- World-Famous Petting Tour passes included
NOTE: Individual passes cost $10 per person. All passes should be purchased in advance via our website (as we limit the number of groups per day). Your passes can be used in the event of "rain delay" at no additional charge should the date you chose become unavailable due to inclement weather.
Passes can used for any ONE of the dates listed above. any o tare available on a first-come-first served basis — with invitations provided first to donors and volunteers on our mailing list.
YOU CAN DONATE A NUT FARM EXPERIENCE TO SOMEONE YOU CARE ABOUT — CONTACT US TO LEARN MORE
Donations make it possible for us to improve our programs and facilities — so you and loved ones can enjoy our tranquil sanctuary for years to come.
- Nut Farm Petting Tour (funny) — Included FREE with your Day Pass purchase
- World-Famous Nut Farm "Heavy Petting" Tour (Includes Mimosas, Wine or Soda) — $10
- Picnic Lunch with Beverage (choose from Hamburger, Hotdog, Chili or PB&J — $8
- Feed the Friendly Peacocks, Sheep, Goats, Chickens and Ducks — $1 per feed sack
- Horseback Trail Ride (10-minute guided trail by lead rope while rider holds the reins) — $10
- Photo Safari Scavenger Hunt — FREE
- Guided Bird Watching & Nature Trail — $5
- Fish for Bass, Brim and Catfish — $10 (bait and tackle not included)
- Canoeing — $5
- Hay Rides — FREE
- Go Blueberry Picking — $5
- Egg Toss & Scavenger Hunt — $3
- VIP 'Bottomless' Wine or Mimosas Experience — $40 per person
- "We're Nuts" Educational Lectures / Workshop (includes the VIP Wine & Mimosas Experience for Two) — $99 per couple
"WE'RE NUTS" EDUCATIONAL WORKSHOP SERIES
We're trying something new and fun! Our volunteers and attendees have given us such positive feedback about the videos and educational workshops on the farm, that we are planning to offer them during each of our upcoming summer dates:
- Saturday, May 16 — We're Nuts About Chickens: Facts You Never Knew About Raising Egg-Layers
- Saturday, May 30 — We're Nuts About Peacocks: The Fascinating Life of These Exotic Birds
- Saturday, June 13 — We're Nuts About Foals: The Daily Routine of a Mare and Her Rambunctious Foal
- Saturday, June 27 — We're Nuts About Eggs: Eggcelent Advice About Everything from Colored Egg Shells to Cooking Tips
- Saturday, July 11 — We’re Nuts About Farm Life: Learn What it Takes to Care for 100+ Farm Animals
- Saturday, July 25 — We’re Nuts About Horsing Around: Discover the Remarkable Language of Horses
Deluxe Workshop passes must be pre-reserved and are available on a first-come-first-served basis. "We're Nuts" Educational Lectures / Workshops will be held at 10:00am and 5:00pm unless otherwise noted. Includes two passes and our VIP Wine & Mimosas Experience for two — $99 (Buy one get one!)