Family Orchards Farm — Retreat & Animal Sanctuary
We're at the very beginning of something special here at Family Orchard Farms (aka The Nut Farm) thanks to our special guests, incredible volunteers, donors, and sponsors.
There's a special quality to the land, living things, and lifestyle out here in the countryside. We want to share it with you and those you value most! We hope you'll make plans to visit with them.
Family Orchard Farm LLC is located at 6930 Highway 99, Molino, FL 3577 (Day pass and prior booking required for admission).
Pandemic has changed everything for all of us in 2020 — but we are happy to report that social distancing is much easier outdoors at the Nut Farm! Come see for yourself and enjoy a break from quarantine. NOTE: CDC Social Distancing Guidelines are strictly enforced — including face coverings required for all attendees in common areas and activities.
2020 CDC-COMPLIANT OFFERINGS
- NUT FARM FIELD DAYS (SPECIFIED SATURDAYS OPEN TO THE PUBLIC)
- EDUCATIONAL WORKSHOPS (IN PERSON AND ONLINE)
- WEDDINGS & BIRTHDAY PARTIES (FOLLOWING CDC SOCIAL DISTANCING GUIDELINES)
You're welcome to get in touch with us at 1 (850) 723-4546 or email firstname.lastname@example.org for complete details or to volunteer. We're doing our best to have a little something for everyone!
JOIN US FOR "NUT FARM FIELD DAYS" THIS SUMMER
- Saturday, May 16
- Saturday, May 30 (Adults ticket-holders only)
- Saturday, June 13
- Saturday, June 27
- Saturday, July 11 (Adult ticket-holders only)
- Saturday, July 25
Click Here to Donate & Reserve Your Day Pass! (Limited Availability)
FARM AND GARDEN ACTIVITIES AT FAMILY ORCHARDS
THE FOLLOWING ACTIVITIES ARE AVAILABLE DURING "NUT FARM FIELD DAYS." Donations make it possible for us to improve our programs and facilities — so you and loved ones can enjoy our tranquil sanctuary for years to come.
- Our World-Famous Nut Farm Petting Tour (funny & educational) — Free with Day Pass (Masks & hand sanitization required)
- Picnic Lunch with Beverage (choose from Hamburger, Hotdog, Chili or PB&J — $8
- Horseback Trail Ride (10 minute guided trail by lead rope while rider holds the reins) — $10
- Photo Safari Scavenger Hunt — FREE
- Guided Bird Watching & Nature Trail — $5
- Fish for Bass, Brim and Catfish — $10
- Canoeing — $5
- Hay Rides — FREE
- Feed the Friendly Peacocks, Sheep, Goats, Chickens and Ducks — $1 per feed sack
- Go Blueberry Picking — $5
- Egg Toss & Scavenger Hunt — $3
- VIP Wine or Mimosas Experience — $35
- Educational Lectures / Workshops — $99 (see schedule below)
NUT FARM FIELD DAYS FOR ADULTS
We love seeing the look of wonder and excitement in a special needs child's eyes when they get to pet a lamb, feed a horse, or play with a baby chick. Its even more fun to see the same look in the eyes of full-grown adults!
For that reason, we have set aside days dedicated to kid-free tranquility and relaxation. You simply won't have elbow a kid out of the way to get a great photo with a peacock or baby lamb!
Check in with us about special Wine Tasting and Educational Workshops — great for friends, couples and new sweethearts.
Thank you for supporting these events & telling your friends.
ABOUT THE NUT FARM FAMILY
Todd Morris, Ruby Morris, and Aaron Ball are the full-time residents of Family Orchards (aka The Nut Farm) — along with over one hundred happy farm animals. Todd and Aaron got together in 2014 and began building their life-long dream: a welcoming equestrian farm with a therapeutic atmosphere for people from all walks of life to enjoy.
Three years later, Family Orchard Farms LLC was formed to sell organic products like fresh eggs, grass-fed livestock, specialty laying chickens, and peacocks.
OUR CHARITABLE WORK AT THE ANIMAL SANCTUARY NEAR PENSACOLA
We are forming a 501c3 Non-Profit to benefit:
- Special needs children and adults
- People suffering from Post Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD)
- Those who are grieving from loss
The promise that we believe for all our guests: "God is able to do exceedingly, abundantly above all that you can ask or think."
Our gentle horses help us create a special therapeutic connection with guests —and we're developing programs in partnership with local experts and licensed therapists to help people reconnect to best of their nature: mind, body and spirit.
If you have interest in making a donation (financial or equipment) or joining our volunteer program — kindly contact us at 1 (850) 723-4546.
Each donor and 12-month volunteer will receive this year's "NUT FARM SURVIVOR" t-shirt and commemorative gift card.
GET READY FOR THE "WE'RE NUTS" WORKSHOP SERIES!
We're trying something new and fun! Our volunteers and attendees have given us such positive feedback about the educational videos we make, that we are planning to offer interactive workshops (including light finger foods and mimosas) during each of our upcoming summer dates. Space is limited! Reserve a workshop for you and a guest (each will be filmed and made available to you online):
- Saturday, May 16 — We're Nuts About Chickens: Facts You Never Knew About Raising Egg-Layers
- Saturday, May 30 — We're Nuts About Peacocks: The Fascinating Life of These Exotic Birds
- Saturday, June 13 — We're Nuts About Foals: The Daily Routine of a Mare and Her Rambunctious Foal
- Saturday, June 27 — We're Nuts About Eggs: Eggcelent Advice About Everything from Colored Egg Shells to Cooking Tips
- Saturday, July 11 — We’re Nuts About Farm Life: Learn What it Takes to Care for 100+ Farm Animals
- Saturday, July 25 — We’re Nuts About Horse Behavior: Learn the Remarkable Language of Horses
REMEMBER OUR 2020 MOTTO: ANY "NUT" CAN GROW WITH A LITTLE NATURE AND NURTURE!